Lima Bean Bake
by Updated April 25, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This lima bean bake is made with dried lima beans, bacon, and a barbecue sauce blend of tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and other ingredients.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Soak beans overnight following package directions.
- Drain the beans. Add beans to a large saucepan and add enough boiling water to cover beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the beans are just tender. Drain.
- Saute the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned. Add the onion to the skillet and continue cooking until onion is tender. Remove the bacon and onion to a large bowl with a slotted spoon and add the drained bacon to the bowl. Discard excess grease.
- Add the beans to the bowl, along with the tomato sauce, tomatoes, brown sugar, salt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and water. Stir gently until well blended.
- Turn into a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for about 20 minutes longer.
Calories per serving: 347
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Bean Recipes Index