Corn au Gratin
Updated April 4, 2017
Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
This corn recipe is a baked mixture of corn, rice, egg, green bell pepper, bacon, and Cheddar cheese. This flavorful corn casserole is a delicious side dish for any family meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Mix together beaten egg yolks and corn.
- Saute onion and green pepper in shortening or butter until softened; add to egg and corn mixture.
- Lightly fold in cooked rice.
- Place half the mixture in a baking dish, add 1/4 cup of cheese, salt, and pepper, and then remaining corn mixture.
- Cover with remaining shredded cheese.
- Dust with ground paprika and lay strips of bacon across the top.
- Bake the casserole for 20 minutes, or until bacon is cooked.
Recipe adapted from "The Foxfire Book of Appalachian Cookery"
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Corn Recipes
Vegetable Recipes Index