Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Be the first to rate this recipe below
Oyster and Brie Soup
- 3 dozen small to medium oysters in their liquor
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup onion -- coarsely chopped
- 1/2 rib celery -- coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound Brie cheese -- cut in small pcs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 1/2 bunch green onions -- chopped
- 1 handful tasso -- finely chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon -- fried & crumbled
Combine oysters and water together and refrigerate for 1 hour.
reserve the oysters and water. In a large skillet melt the butter
low heat. Add the flour and beat with a metal whisk until smooth.
the onions and celery, saute about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the peppers and saute about 2 minutes and set aside. In
a 4 quart
saucepan, bring the oyster water to a boil. Stir in the sauteed
mixture until well mixed. Turn heat to high. Add cheese; cook
cheese starts to melt, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Lower
to a simmer and continue cooking for about 4 minutes stirring
Remove from heat, strain soup and return to pot. Turn heat to
cook about 1 minute stirring constantly. Stir in cream; cook until
to a boil, about 2 minutes. Add green onions and champagne if
Lower heat and add the oysters and handful of tasso. Check the
at this point and add red pepper and salt to taste. When oysters
serve immediately in bread bowls with crumbled bacon to garnish
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
Soup Recipes Index