Tomatoes, zucchini, and eggplant are combined with peppers, garlic, and seasonings in this easy and flavorful recipe. Serve this vegetable dish with steaks or your favorite chicken or fish dish.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 32 minutes
Total Time: 52 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Add eggplant and stir to coat with the oil and butter. Add peppers; stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to keep vegetables from sticking.
Add the tomatoes, zucchini, and herbs; mix to blend. Cover and cook over low heat about 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender but not too soft. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
Skillet Recipes Index