Skillet Chicken with Couscous
by Updated April 5, 2017,
This one pot meal is easy to cook in a skillet. To save a little time, pound the chicken breasts to thin slightly; cooking time will be reduced. Serve this tasty dish with a tossed salad or simple romaine salad with sliced tomatoes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook, turning, until browned on both sides, about 10 to 12 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook chicken for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a plate and drain off the excess fat and liquids from pan.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until onion is softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic, chicken broth, couscous, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and pepper. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Place chicken on top of couscous mixture.
- Cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is very tender and cooked through.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Dijon Chicken Breasts
Chicken Breasts in Champagne
Balsamic and Garlic Chicken Breasts
Skillet Recipes Index