Skillet Beef Burgundy
by Updated April 5, 2017,
Tender sirloin steak makes this a delicious beef burgundy and it's easy to prepare and cook in the skillet. Serve this one dish meal with a tossed green salad for a great family meal. Feel free to use scrubbed new potatoes or fingerling potatoes in this recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Trim fat from steak. Cut the steak into 1-inch cubes.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add steak; cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until steak loses its pink color. Remove steak from skillet; drain and set aside.
- Again spray skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add carrot, mushrooms, onions, and potatoes; saute, stirring, for 5 minutes. Return steak to skillet. Add thyme, pepper, and the condensed beef broth, stir well. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Place flour in a small bowl or 2-cup measuring cup. Gradually whisk in the wine; stir into the steak mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
Adapted from a Cooking Light recipe from 1995
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Berkshire Beef Burgundy
Skillet Recipes Index