Roasted Eggplant Dip
This flavorful dip is made with garlic, lemon juice, and eggplant. It's easy to prepare and blend, making a delicious dip for veggies or pita triangles.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 medium eggplant, about 1 pound
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- crackers, pita chips, or vegetables for dipping
Heat oven to 400°.
With a fork, prick the eggplant all over. Place in a foil-lined baking pan and bake until tender, about 35 to 45 minutes. Remove and let the eggplant cool.
Peel the eggplant and cut into large chunks. Place the eggplnt in a blender along with the onion, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, and salt. Blend until smooth.
Serve with crackers, pita chips, or vegetables.
Calories per 2 tablespoons: 28
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
Creamy Pizza Fondue
Chili Con Queso Dip
Creamy Ranch Salsa Dip
Hot Chili Dip