Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Be the first to rate this recipe below
Beef and Peppers
Serve this flavorful mixture of beef and bell peppers with hot cooked rice and a tossed salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hour 10 minutes
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds stew beef, cut in 1-inch pieces (can use part veal)
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup hot beef broth or water
- 4 green bell peppers, cut in thin slices
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in thin slices
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley, or about 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat; add the beef and onions and cook until onions are tender and beef is browned. Add salt and pepper and broth or water; cover and simmer over low heat for 1 1/2 hours, or until beef is very tender.
Heat oven to 375°.
Add the peppers, tomatoes, parsley, and garlic to the beef mixture. Cover and move to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer.
Calories per serving: 486
Fat per serving: 21.2g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
Beef 'n Noodle Skillet
Skillet Beef and Noodle Goulash
Pork and Noodles
Back to Meat Recipes Index