Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Be the first to rate this recipe below
Beef and Pork Goulash
Goulash makes a great and tasty meal. Make this goulash on the weekend and serve for a delicious busy Monday dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds cubed stew beef
- 1/2 pound cubed pork
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water or beef broth
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, but in 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon flour mixed with 2 tablespoons water, optional
Brown the beef and pork cubes in the oil in a Dutch oven or stockpot. Add onion and cook until lightly browned, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add herbs and seasonings, tomatoes, water or broth, and bell pepper. Cover and simmer for 2 hours. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes longer.
If desired, thicken with a paste made with 1 tablespoon of flour mixed with 2 tablespoons of water, then cook until thickened.
Calories per serving: 402
Fat per serving: 8.8g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
Beef 'n Noodle Skillet
Skillet Beef and Noodle Goulash
Pork and Noodles
Beef & Beer Stew
Easy Beef and Noodle Stew
Skillet Beef with Greens and Red Potato
Crockpot Spiced Beef
Back to Meat Recipes Index