Short Ribs With Vegetables
by Updated April 23, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
These delicious short ribs are baked with vegetables and a tangy mustard and horseradish sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
*You might need more or less, depending on how meaty the ribs are. Or use boneless ribs.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Trim excess fat from beef short ribs. Place ribs in a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan or large shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 2 hours then drain off excess fat.
- Add carrots, potatoes, green beans, and onions.
- In a bowl, combine the broth with horseradish and mustard; pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours longer, or until tender.
- Arrange the beef short ribs and vegetables on a serving platter and keep warm.
- Measure pan drippings and add a little water or broth, if necessary, to make 2 cups.
- Return to baking pan or pour into a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- In a cup or small bowl, mix cornstarch with cold water.
- Stir into the pan drippings and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Serve the pan gravy with the short ribs and vegetables.
Calories per serving: 640
Fat per serving: 22.1g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Braised Short Ribs in Wine
Beef Recipe Index