Swiss Steak Dinner
by Updated April 19, 2018,
Round steak is a budget friendly choice, and when cooked right, it's delicious. Here's a recipe for round steak cooked with soup, rice, and green beans for a tasty one dish family meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Season meat and sprinkle with flour; pound lightly with meat mallet.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium-low heat; add onions and brown slowly. Remove onions; brown meat.
- Place beef in baking dish; add onions, uncooked rice, and bay leaf.
- Combine soup and water; pour over casserole.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- Arrange green beans around meat and bake 15 minutes longer.
Serves 6 to 8
Calories per serving (based on 6 servings): 587
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Steak Recipes
Easy Skillet Steak and Potatoes
Quick and Easy Swiss Steak
Chuck Wagon Salisbury Steak
Pepper Steak with Noodles
Skillet Steaks with Red Wine Sauce