Pork Chop Skillet with Cabbage and Sausages
by Updated April 17, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This easy and hearty skillet recipe combines pork chops, Italian sausage, bacon, potatoes, and cabbage.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and flour in a food storage bag; add chops and toss to coat well.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausages and bacon over medium-high heat. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of pan drippings.
- Add onion and green pepper to the skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add pork chops; brown on all sides.
- Return sausages and bacon to skillet. Add wine, bay leaf, and thyme. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cabbage.
- Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes longer.
Calories per serving: 890
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Breaded Boneless Pork Chops
Pork Chops with Sauerkraut
Pork Chops with Rosemary
Smothered Pork Chops Recipe