Flemish Beef with Beer
by Updated April 17, 2017,
Round steak makes this beef and beer recipe a budget friendly dish. It's a one dish meal with potatoes and carrots.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hour
Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Sprinkle flour over the beef.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place meat in skillet and brown on all sides. Remove meat from the skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook until lightly browned. Add beef broth and cook over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return meat to skillet. Add parsley, vinegar, sugar, bay leaf, salt, pepper, beer, and thyme. Stir to blend.
- Cover and simmer over medium low heat for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes longer, until beef and vegetables are tender.
Calories per serving: 770
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Beef and Beer Stew
Country Beef Stew
Beef Burgundy with Red Wine
Italian-Style Beef Stew
Gambian Beef Stew
Moroccan Beef Stew