Ham Balls in Orange Raisin Sauce
by Updated April 17, 2017,
Ground ham and pork are combined for tasty ham balls, then they're served with a raisins sauce and easy canned sweet potatoes. This recipe was adapted from a vintage newspaper clipping.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Combine ham, pork, cracker meal, milk, parsley, and pepper in a bowl; blend well. Shape mixture into about 18 to 24 balls.
- Place 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ham balls and brown on all sides. Remove ham balls from skillet with slotted spoon.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; add onion and green pepper and cook until onion is lightly browned. Pour off excess grease.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, and allspice. Stir in orange juice until well blended. Pour orange juice mixture into the skillet and cook over medium-low heat until thickened and smooth. Add raisins and ham balls to the sauce; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and orange sections; heat through.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Related Ham Casserole Recipes
Croissants with Ham and Mornay Sauce
Hash with Ham and Potatoes