Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
by Updated April 17, 2017,
A cake mix makes this upside down cake a snap to fix. Serve this cake with whipped cream or frozen thawed whipped topping.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter in a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan. Add water; sprinkle with the sugar, nuts, then coconut. Set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter evenly over nut and coconut mixture in the baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched with finger.
- Let cake cool in pan for 5 minutes; turn upside down onto platter or cake plate or other large flat dish.
- Serve with whipped cream or whipped topping, if desired.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Chocolate Cake Recipes
Brown Sugar Chocolate Cake
Easy One-Bowl Chocolate Cake Recipe
Marble Cake Recipe