Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Savory Chicken Bites
This is a delicious little chicken appetizer made with cream cheese, a little basil and onion powder, cooked chicken, and crescent roll doughs. Take these along ot a party or make them for a family tv snack.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- dash thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 cup minced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimiento, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crescent rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, optional
Combine cream cheese, lemon juice, basil, salt, thyme; mix until well blended. Stir in chicken, celery, and pimiento; mix well.
Separate dough into eight rectangles, firmly pressing the perforations to seal. Spread cream cheese mixture over each rectangle, leaving 1/2-inch uncovered on one long edge. Roll up, starting with the long edge which has cream cheese right to the edge; seal edges. Brush rolls with egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut each roll into 4 portions. Place chicken bites, seam side down, on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Calories per serving: 74
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
More Chicken Appetizer Recipes and Related
Cajun Chicken Nuggets
Chicken Fingers With Dipping Sauce
Sizzling Grilled Chicken Skewers