Corned Beef Brisket with Sauerkraut
by Updated April 11, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Corned beef and sauerkraut are paired up in this tangy, flavorful recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hour
Total Time: 4 hour 10 minutes
- Place brisket in a large kettle; sprinkle with salt and pepper and scatter the sliced onions over the top. Cover with water.
- Cover the pan tightly and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Rinse and drain sauerkraut; add to the kettle with vinegar and brown sugar.
- Cover and cook for about 2 hours longer.
- Grate potato and add to brisket; cover and cook 15 minutes longer.
Calories per serving: 623
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Classic Corned Beef Hash
Easy Corned Beef Sandwich Melt
Best-Ever Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Pat's Beef Burgundy