Basic Beef Pot Roast with Vegetables
by Updated April 11, 2017,
Many stores label meat with cooking method. Chuck is a good cut of meat for long cooking, but you can use any beef roast marked "Pot Roast". This basic pot roast is made with potatoes and carrots, along with beef broth and seasonings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 40 minutes
- Combine flour, salt,and pepper. Dredge meat with flour mixture.
- Brown meat and chopped onion in a skillet in hot oil or a combination of oil and butter.
- Pour off drippings and add 1/2 cup beef broth or water.
- Cover tightly and simmer for 3 to 4 hours, until tender. Add more water or broth as needed.
- About 30 minutes before done, add potatoes and carrots.
Calories per serving: 577
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Spiced Beef Chuck in Crockpot
Easy Barbecued Beef
Easy Crockpot Barbecued Beef