by Updated April 11, 2017,
These light and airy raised pancakes are made with yeast and spices.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Rise Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 5 to 6 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 16 minutes
- Scald milk; add sugar, salt, and oil. Set milk mixture aside to cool until lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in water. Combine yeast mixture with eggs and cooled milk mixture.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Combine dry ingredients with the liquid mixture; beat until smooth.
- Cover and let stand for 1 hour in a warm place. The batter will be light and bubbly.
- Use right away or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- To cook, stir down batter and bake on greased hot griddle, using about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
About 20 Pancakes
Calories per serving: 95
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe