Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Be the first to rate this recipe below
Hearty Fish Chowder
This is a delicious fish chowder, made with haddock, potatoes, onion, and optional white wine. Herbs and seasonings give this fish chowder great flavor.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, cut in small dice
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound frozen haddock fillets
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine or water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add onions, carrots and celery, stirring and cooking until onion is tender. Add fish, potatoes, bay leaf, salt, thyme, pepper, and wine or water. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until fish is cooked. Break fish into chunks. Add milk and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; heat through. Discard bay leaf, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Calories per serving: 379
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
Fish Stew Recipe
Back to the Fish Index