Sweet and Sour Pork
by Updated April 10, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Use lean country style ribs in this classic sweet and sour pork recipe or use about 1 1/2 pounds of cubed pork loin or boneless loin chops.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; saute pork until lightly browned; drain off excess grease.
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice.
- Combine pineapple juice, 3/4 cup water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and salt; pour over pork in skillet. Cover and simmer 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water; stir until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to pork mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add pineapple chunks, onion, and green pepper. Cover and simmer sweet and sour pork for 10 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve sweet and sour pork over rice.
Serves 4 to 6.
Calories per serving (based on 5 servings): 606
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Sweet and Sour Pork with Pineapple
Chinese Pork Tenderloin