by Updated April 10, 2017,
This chocolate brownies are topped with a chocolate fudge frosting. Sprinkle these brownies with chopped pecans or leave them plain.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Put granulated sugar in mixing bowl.
- Melt 4 ounces of chocolate and 8 ounces of butter together over low heat, stir until well blended and smooth. Add to the granulated sugar; mix well.
- Add beaten egg yolks; mix well. Add flour and 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Spread in a 10-by-15-by-1-inch greased and floured jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Melt 4 ounces of butter and 2 squares of chocolate over low heat; stir until smooth then add confectioners' sugar.
- Heat milk until hot; add to chocolate mixture. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Spread over cooled brownies and sprinkle with chopped pecans, if desired.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Brownie Recipes
Tropical Chocolate Brownies
Chocolate Brownie Recipe with Pecans