Beef and Bean Burritos
by Updated April 9, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This burrito recipe can easily be doubled and frozen without garnishes. Just heat in the microwave and serve. I freeze the burritos on a cookie sheet then wrap them in foil and store in food storage bags.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until ground beef is no longer pink, stirring to break up meat. Drain well.
- Add chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper; simmer for 5 minutes. Add refried beans and 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce. Cook until heated through; keep warm.
- Wrap tortillas in foil; bake for 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup ground beef mixture on each warm tortilla. Roll tightly and place seam-side down on a shredded lettuce-lined serving platter.
- When all burritos are made, spoon remaining enchilada sauce over the burritos. Garnish with your choice of toppings.
Calories per serving: 293
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Mexican Fiesta Casserole