by Updated April 8, 2017,
What better way to welcome fall than with these delicious pumpkin bars. Make these for Halloween festivities or make them for a Thanksgiving treat for family and guests. These also freeze very well, so use that Halloween pumpkin to make these!
Prep Time: 12 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 7 minutes
Makes about 8 servings.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, and brown sugar; cut in butter with a pastry blender. Stir in chopped pecans. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture; set aside. Press remaining crumb mixture over the bottom and about halfway up the sides of a 12-by-7-by-2-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Mix until well blended. Pour pumpkin mixture over the crust. Top with remaining 1 cup crumb mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until browned and set. Cool.
- Cut into bars and serve with ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping.
- Keep pumpkin bars refrigerated.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Soft Pumpkin Cookies