Orange Slice Bars
by Updated April 8, 2017,
These fruity orange cookie bars get their orange flavor from snipped orange slice candies. The bars are baked, sliced, then sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Grease and flour a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan and preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a hand-held electric mixer; add brown sugar and vanilla, beating until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and salt; add to the egg mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in chopped nuts and orange slice candy.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and firm.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- When completely cool, cut into about 30 bars.
- Sprinkle bars with sifted confectioners' sugar. Store these bars tightly covered, separated with waxed paper.
- Can also be stored in confectioners' sugar.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Orange Ball Cookies
Orange Iced Cranberry Cookies