Graham Cracker or Cookie Crumb Pie Shell
by Updated April 8, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Use this basic crumb pie shell recipe for your favorite chilled or frozen pie. Try adding about 1/4 cup of finely ground pecans or walnuts to vary the flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
*Make crumbs from chocolate cookies, graham crackers, cereal, gingersnaps, toasted bread, vanilla wafers, or zwieback.
- Heat the oven to 350 F if you will be baking the crust.
- Mix crumbs and sugar together; stir in melted butter.
- Line pie plate with mixture, pressing firmly into place.
- Chill for 20 minutes or bake for 10 minutes.
- Makes 1 pie shell, 9-inch.
Variation: For a cinnamon crust, use graham cracker crumbs and mix in 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon along with sugar and butter.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Banana Butterscotch Pie with Whipped Cream Topping
Old Fashioned Cream Pie
Blackberry Cream Pie
Pat-in-the-Pan Pie Crust