Pasta Salad With Ham and Peas
by Updated April 6, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This tasty pasta salad will make you think spring. Frozen steamed peas and ham make a delicious combination, and the mayonnaise and ranch dressing flavors the salad perfectly. I used rotini in the salad but it would be fantastic with elbows or a similar pasta. Feel free to vary the vegetables. The ripe olives add nice flavor, but you can omit them if you'd like.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- Cook the rotini in boiling salted water following the package directions Transfer the pasta to a colander and rinse it under cool running water.
- Drain the pasta and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add the sliced celery, red onion, ham, peas, and olives, if using.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, basil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir the dressing mixture into the pasta mixture until well blended. Add more mayonnaise, if necessary.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
Serves 6 to 8.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Macaroni Salad With Bacon
Macaroni Salad with Cheese and Ham
Chicken Pasta Salad