Fast and Easy Beef and Barley Stew
by Updated April 5, 2017,
This easy ground beef stew is a hearty, homemade dish, perfect for a cool weather supper with biscuits or crusty bread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Put the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion, stirring occasionally, until beef is nicely browned and onions are tender. Drain off any excess drippings.
- Transfer the beef and onions to a 3-quart casserole. Stir in the barley, beef broth, oregano, salt, pepper, and tomatoes.
- Cover the casserole and bake for 30 minutes. Stir in the frozen vegetables. Cover and bake for about 30 minutes longer, or until the barley is tender.
- Serve with crusty rolls or biscuits, along with a tossed salad.
Calories per serving: 312
Fat per serving: 11.7
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Quick Italian Beef & Vegetable Soup