Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Be the first to rate this recipe below
Smoked Turkey and Cavatelli Salad
This pasta salad has wonderful smoky flavors, with smoked turkey and Mozzarella cheese. Use cavatelli or orecchiette pasta in this pasta salad.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
- 1/2 pound cavatelli or orecchiette pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus about 1 teaspoon more to stir into pasta
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey, sliced ,1" pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed, quartered, and sliced
- 1/2 pound smoked Mozzarella cheese, cut in cubes
Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain in a colander and rinse
with cold water; stir in small amount of olive oil (about 1 teaspoon) to prevent sticking.
Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan and saute turkey pieces,
and chives until turkey is lightly browned. Season well with black
pepper. Add vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook, stirring,
the juices have reduced and thickened. Season again. Add pasta
well; cook for about 15 seconds.
Remove pan from the heat and toss in avocado slices and cheese.
through well to distribute the heat; then let the dish rest for
2 to 3
minutes before serving. Serve warm or cool completely and serve
Recipe adapted from "The New Pasta Cookbook"
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.