Chicken Casserole With Sour Cream
Updated April 3, 2017
This flavorful chicken casserole would also be great with leftover turkey. It's easy to put this casserole together and it can be made a day in advance.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 47 minutes
Recipe adapted from Merrymeeting Merry Eating
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter; stir in flour until smooth. Continue cooking for 2 mintues.
- Gradually add the broth, stirring until thickened. Stir in the sour cream, nutmeg, pepper and salt; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in sherry.
- Arrange noodles in 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan. Cover with chicken, mushrooms, and sauce. Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter and mix with crumbs. Top casserole with crumbs and the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and topping is browned.
- May be made a day in advance, refrigerated, and baked when needed.
Calories per serving: 383
Fat per serving: 22.6g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Chicken Divan Recipe
Senegalese Chicken Yassa
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Chicken and Ham Pie