Updated April 3, 2017
These chicken breasts are delicious with hot cooked linguini, spaghetti, or angel hair pasta amd a tossed salad.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Adapted from a recipe from New York, New York Restaurant (Miami Herald 7/21/94)
- Lightly pound chicken breasts to flatten a uniform thickness.
- Dust the chicken in the flour and set aside.
- Make the batter by whisking eggs, then beating in the lemon juice, parsley, salt, wine, garlic, hot pepper sauce, and Parmesan.
- Coat a heavy skillet with olive oil and butter and place over medium-high heat. Dip the floured chicken pieces in the batter; coat generously and place in the hot skillet. Cook until golden brown on each side, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and drain off excess fat.
- Wine Sauce: Melt the butter in the pan, then stir in the wine and lemon juice. Return the chicken pieces to the pan, spooning the wine sauce over all and cook for about 1 minute longer. Serve immediately.
Calories per serving: 520
Fat per serving: 30.4g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
General Tso's Chicken
Senegalese Chicken Yassa
Jamaican Jerk Chicken