Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Be the first to rate this recipe below
Smothered Pork Chops with Potatoes
These pork chops are easy to prepare, and with potatoes they're a one dish meal. This is a good dish to make for any family dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 6 thick pork chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup white wine, or broth
- 4 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs, tossed with 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
Brown pork chops in oil. Increase heat and add wine, scraping up browned bits. Place pork chops in baking pan; pour in pan juices. Top with potatoes, sliced onion, 1 teaspoon thyme, and 3 tablespoons of the parsley. Pour beef broth around sides. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes. Take out of the oven and sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs and remaining parsley and a little more thyme.
Put back in oven and bake for about 5 to 10 minutes longer, until crumbs are lightly browned.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
More Pork Chops
Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes
Pork Chops with Garlic
Pork Chops with Rosemary
Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
Golden Pork Chops
Pork Recipes Index