Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Paglia E Fieno with Bacon, Peas and Mushrooms
Recipe By : The New Pasta Cookbook
- 1/2 pound fresh fettuccine -- or 1/3 lb dried
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach fettuccine -- or 1/3 lb dried
- 1/2 pound peas, frozen -- or fresh shelled
- 1/2 pound bacon -- cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon dried porcini mushrooms -- optional/see dir's
- 1/2 pound mushroom -- sliced
- 1 clove garlic -- crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh parsley -- finely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups cream
- grated Parmesan cheese -- for garnish
*if porcini mushrooms are used cover and soak in hot water for
Cook peas until tender in a large saucepan of boiling salted water,
with slotted spoon and set aside, reserving cooking liquid.
Fry bacon until crisp.
Drain porcinis and filter liquid through cloth or a paper coffee
remove grit. Chop finely and add to the pot with the soaking liquid, bacon,
fresh mushrooms. Stir in garlic and pepper and cook briefly. Toss
parsley and cook for 30 seconds.
Add cream and cook, stirring, until the sauce comes to the boil.
until thickened and reduced, 5 to 8 minutes.
Begin cooking fettuccine in the water used for the peas. When
drain and transfer to a warm serving dish. Toss with the sauce,
with freshly grated Parmesan.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe