Savory Stewed Beef
by Updated April 1, 2017,
This stewed beef is finished with sour cream for a tasty beef and mushroom dish. An oven stewed beef with mushrooms and sour cream. Serve this beef with hot cooked noodles.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil; add beef cubes. Cook, stirring, until beef is browned on all sides.
- Add onion and garlic. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until onions are tender.
- Add flour, stirring until well incorporated.
- Add mushrooms with liquid, the celery, the tomato sauce, and sprinkle with salt and pepper; gently stir until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Turn mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cover dish tightly and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Stir in sour cream and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions and parsley, if desired.
Calories per serving: 513
Fat per serving: 26.9g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Beef and Lamb Recipe Index