Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Be the first to rate this recipe below
Meatloaf With Ground Beef and Sausage
This meatloaf is made with ground beef, sausage, oats, and finely chopped peppers and onion. Use lean ground beef and your favorite breakfast sausage in this meatloaf, or use a sweet Italian sausage if you prefer.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound bulk sausage meat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup ketchup plus 1/2 cup for topping
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine all the ingredients except 1/2 cup of
the ketchup in a large mixing bowl. Mix gently but thoroughly and shape into a nice, even
loaf. Place the loaf in a shallow baking dish and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Carefully pour off drippings, top with the remaining ketchup, and bake for 20 minutes longer, or until done throughout.
Serves 8 to 10
Calories per serving (based on 8 servings): 514
Fat per serving (based on 8 servings): 25.2g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
Ground Beef Recipes Index