Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
This taco casserole is made with lean ground beef, beans, and taco seasonings. Just before serving, top this taco casserole with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and sour cream or guacamole.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef, lean, ground round
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato juice, beef broth, or water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1 (approximately 15 ounces) can kidney beans or pinto beans, undrained
- 8 ounces taco flavored tortilla chips, or your favorite flavor
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion or sliced black olives
- sour cream or guacamole
In a heavy skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and
onion. Drain off excess fat. Add garlic, tomato sauce, tomato
juice or broth, chili powder and oregano. Simmer mixture for 2 minutes.
Layer the beef mixture with beans and corn chips in a greased 2-quart baking
dish, ending with corn chips. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes. Just before serving top with sour cream or guacamole (or both) and sprinkle with lettuce, diced tomato and
chopped onions or sliced black olives.
Calories per serving: 316
Fat per serving: 5.9g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
Nacho Beef Casserole with Tortilla Chips and Cheese
Monterey Beef Casserole Recipe - Ground Beef Casserole with Tomato Sauce
Yankee Cheddar Enchilada Casserole
Mexican Fiesta Casserole
Ground Beef Recipes Index