by Updated April 1, 2017,
Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
This hearty, delicious Spanish rice is made with stewed tomatoes and ground beef, along with rice, bell pepper, and chili powder. Serve this rice dish with a tossed salad and bread or rolls.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Rinse rice and let dry.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium heat; add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, green peppers and ground beef. Stir and break up meat; cook until onion is tender and lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer about 25 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Let stand, covered, for about 5 minutes before serving.
Calories per serving: 522
Fat per serving: 18.2g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Spanish Rice II
Lentils and Rice
Skillet Spanish Rice
Confetti Rice Skillet
Rice Pilaf Recipe
Ground Beef Index