Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Be the first to rate this recipe below
Meaty Spaghetti Sauce
This slow cooker spaghetti sauce is made with both ground beef and Italian sausage, along with tomatoes and vegetables.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, remove from casings
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 large onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans tomatoes (14.5 ounces each), diced or broken up
- 2 cans tomato sauce (8 ounces each)
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons tapioca, quick-cooking
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- dash salt, or to taste
- hot cooked spaghetti, drained
In a heavy skillet over medium-low heat, cook ground beef, sausage, onion, and garlic until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain off excess fat.
Meanwhile in crockpot, combine undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, green pepper, tapioca, bay leaves, oregano, basil, pepper, and salt. Stir in browned drained meat mixture.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH setting for about 4 hours. Remove bay leaves. Serve sauce over hot spaghetti.
Calories per serving: 261
Fat per serving: 12.0g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
More Spaghetti Sauce Recipes and Related Recipes
Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Spaghetti Pie With Parmesan Cheese
Spaghetti with Meatballs
Bolognese Sauce With Ground Beef
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Ground Beef Recipes Index