Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Be the first to rate this recipe below
Ground Turkey Enchiladas
Ground turkey lightens these tasty enchiladas. Feel free to use your favorite salsa, mild, medium, or hot. If you like more heat, add some jalapeno rings to your garnishes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cups chunky salsa or your favorite
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 oz) regular or light cream cheese, cubed
- 12 Flour tortillas (6-inch), warmed
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) tomatoes, undrained, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, black olives, diced avocado or guacamole, sour cream, diced fresh tomatoes and green onions
In a large skillet, cook turkey until browned and no longer pink, breaking it
up with a spoon. Add 1 cup of the salsa, the
spinach, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cumin, and the salt.
Cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Add cream cheese, stirring just until melted.
Spoon about 1/3 cup filling down center of each warm tortilla;
roll up and place seam-side down in a lightly greased 13-by-9-inch baking
Combine tomatoes, remaining 1 cup salsa, and remaining
1/2 teaspoon cumin. Spoon over enchiladas. Bake at 350° for 20
minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with cheese; return to oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Top as desired.
Calories per serving: 362
Fat per serving: 21.4g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
More Enchilada Casserole Recipes
Enchilada Casserole Recipe
Beef Enchilada Casserole Recipe
Cheddar Enchilada Casserole
Back to Casserole Recipes