Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Be the first to rate this recipe below
Lemon-Rosemary Apple Cobbler
Recipe By : Vermont Kitchens Revisited
Serving Size : 6
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- rind of 1/2 lemon -- grated
- 1 1/2 pounds apples, peeled (5 cups) -- cored and sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary -- crushed fine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold -- cut up
- 1/3 cup light cream -- or milk
Filling: Heat oven to 450^. Have ready a heavy dish, a 9-inch
pie plate, or a single layer cake pan.
Crush the rosemary as fine as possible. Place in a large bowl.
Add sugar, lemon juice, and rind. Stir to mix. Add apples, stirring
to coat. Arrange in baking dish.
Topping: Mix dry ingredients into medium sized bowl. Add butter
and cut in with pastry blender or knives until mixture is the
consistency of coarse cornmeal. Add cream or milk and stir until
a soft dough forms. knead on lightly floured surface 10-12 times.
Roll to fit baking dish, place over apples, seal edges, and cut
slits. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden. Serve warm with cream.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.