Tomato, Basil and Couscous Salad
- 2 1/4 cups canned chicken broth
- 10 ounces box couscous
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup plum tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper, crushed
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
Bring broth to boil in medium saucepan; add couscous.
Remove from heat; cover; let stand 5 minutes then transfer to large bowl. Fluff with fork; let cool. Mix all ingredients
except cherry tomatoes into couscous.
Season with salt and pepper. Can be made one day ahead.
Chill. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Source: BonAppetit, Aug.'95. From Kakeladi, Visalia, CA. 11/95
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
Bean Recipes Index