Grilled Chicken Skewers
These delicious chicken skewers are made with crunchy peanut butter with soy sauce and sugar, but feel free to use creamy peanut butter in this recipe. Add small chunks of onion or mushroom caps to the skewers if desired.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marinate: 4 hours
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 21 minutes
- 3 chicken breasts -- whole,boneless
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup cilantro -- chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, 1 red and 1 green or yellow, cubed
Slice the chicken lengthwise into long strips. In a bowl, combine
remaining ingredients except peppers. Add chicken strips, stir
marinate at least 4 hours.
Soak long bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour, so the grill will not char them too heavily.
Thread chicken onto skewers like a snake, and in between each
loop add a
cube of bell pepper. Grill skewers, turning once, over charcoal
for 4 to
6 minutes, or broil just until browned and cooked through.
Adapted from "Maine Ingredients"
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
Savory Chicken Bites
Cajun Chicken Nuggets