Shrimp Dip Recipe
Canned shrimp and softened cream cheese make up this tasty party snack. Use this as a dip for crackers, chips, or raw vegetables. Keep chilled until serving time and sprinkle with a little more chopped parsley, if desired.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lemon, about 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cans shrimp (4 1/2 oz each), reserve liquid from 1 can
Place the softened cream cheese
large mixing bowl along with onion, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce,
parsley, salt, pepper, and shrimp liquid from 1 can. Beat until light and fluffy.
Coarsely chop the shrimp and stir into the cream cheese mixture.
Serve this dip hot or cold with crackers, potato chips, or tortilla chips. (1 quart)
Recipe Adapted from "Voila!" (Jr League of Lafayette, LA)
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Scroll down to see related recipes.
More Shrimp Appetizers and Related Shrimp Recipes
Grilled Shrimp Recipe